Monday 8 September 2008

Trying to Sell An Edinburgh Property Online Benchmarking

I am selling some property in Edinburgh and I thought it would be a good opportunity to test various methods of online sales and compare them. I'll post the results up here as they come in as a sort of anecdotal real world benchmark comparison of various methods.

The best metric is a Sale, but for comparison I'll also have numbers for leads and impressions.

The First Task is Old School, a website, static page with images and all relevant info, here it is:

For Sale Parking and Vennel Opportunity in Leith Edinburgh

The dotcom cost £5 at namecheap and the Linux Apache hosting £5.

I used Gimp and Ubuntu to make the photos gftp to upload them, hugin to make panoramas and firefox for browsing. So all the software is completely free.

and I'll submit to search engines when I figure out how.

Next an ebay property auction

No comments: